Sunday, November 15, 2015

Thank you! - Stitching Front Update

Wow, there is nothing else I can say but wow. Thank you isn't enough for the outpouring of support you have all given me in closing down SFS. Just thank you.

I am answering every message and comment I have received personally. However it's taking time. So please don't think I didn't get your message or care if I haven't responded. I am flooded with amazing emails and comments from people at this time. But I will be answering EVERY SINGLE ONE of them.

On the Stitching Front
I'm getting quite close on Take Time to Read. But running out of thread has really made life difficult. My TTtR will be quite unique as I am not necessarily using color for color match. But so far the entire piece is still in silk and that is my commitment to the project is that I don't compromise the delicate silk look that Jeanette intended.

I started a new Mill Hill kit. Just an itty bitty one. Instead of taking from stash I was bad and took from "newly ordered" items. Will share some photos soon!

Did you see the new Mirabilia witches!!! OMG am in love, and in trouble. Lol. I also adore Willow Queen that Mirabilia just released.

But instead of going for any of those; in light of the tragedy and suffering that the family of Rosewood Manor has been experiencing, I purchased a few Rosewood Manor patterns to help generate (albeit small but something) some income for Karen and her family. One of the patterns I bought is the gorgeous (yet big and detailed; say epic anyone...) piece shown called "Inspiration" from Rosewood Manor. I love that it's based on a quilt that was based on an 1800's stitched piece. Who could ask for more history and inspiration all around!

I also want to thank all the shops (including my online preferential shop) for their support and sales in this difficult time for Karen from Rosewood Manor and her family. It's an amazing community that the Internet created for stitching and I'm ever grateful to be a part of it.

Happy Stitching!
Mel.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Inspiration was on my wish list for ages, but I keep looking at my stash and realized that there as just no way I was going to ever stitch it (of course that has seldom stopped me from buying anything, so I may put it back on the list).

Heather said...

Great piece! Definitely an epic stitch lol. I think it's so funny how many people took the ending of SFS as an excuse to splurge. I spent about $65 on new fabric but I had $75ish saved up. The new witches are awesome

D1-D2 said...

That is my favorite Rosewood manor design.

Leonore Winterer said...

Sounds like you have some great stitchy plans! I too have fallen in love with the new Mirabilia Witches, but haven't bought them yet because...stash, way to much of it. But although I'm not sure what is going on at Rosewood Manor, I've had my eyes on their Seasonal Quaker designs and if you say it's a good thing to help them out by buying right now, I might just get one of those...you know...for a good cause!