Monday, December 1, 2014

Stitch From Stash - November 2014

Can you believe it is December 1 already!? As usual time goes by much too quickly.
I'm frantically stitching away on my two Xmas gifts that I'm hesitant to show pics of just in case.
In the meantime Dragons is sitting a bit ignored in a corner. But I'm anxious to get back there and am sure I will soon!

For November Stitch From Stash 2014 I have spent more money on eBay... I know, I know it's my huge downfall and continues to be. I can't turn down a deal, maybe I need a therapy group...? Oh wait, maybe that is what SFS is all about! (lol).

I spent a total of $34.23 this month, but as last month I didn't spend any AND we had the lovely bonus of $50 to the end of the year as designated by my DH I'm still ok.
I've got somewhere just under $30.00 left in budget to Dec. 21.
Which all means No Cyber Monday Purchases Allowed!!! Which is why I'm writing this instead of shopping... and going to log some more participants in SFS instead of shopping and then maybe throw my laptop in a snowbank to stop myself from shopping... (though then I would get to shop for a new laptop... hm...LOL!)

 I think I can make it.. I think I can.. I think I can... just like the little engine that could. Though I must say I'm impressed to make it this far and have held to the budget!!! My DH is even more impressed. He figures all of the group members are keeping me honest and controlled. Something for which I'm sure he'd like to send a personal thank you to everyone in SFS2014. :)

For those interested 2015 Stitch From Stash is pending an announcement very soon. Hopefully by Friday!! Those in the group will have first dibs at signing up and then everyone else will be allowed. There is going to be a cap on the number of people in the group so please watch here and the 2015 newly created page (see tabs above) for the announcements if you are interested in joining.

I will be back soon with bigger and better news on 2015 SFS.


7 comments:

sew.darn.quilt said...

This sounds like quite a bit of fun! I hope I can gain a spot for 2015 :)

Heather said...

I'm hoping I can too. I'm hoping in combination with gifted gorgeousness SAL I can spend a lot less

Thoeria said...

LOL....yes with cyber monday and black friday....arrggghhhhhh......why do they tempt you so!!!
I've been good and resisted the call of the bargains too!

Cole said...

Well done on your restraint, it's not easy!!!

Leonore Winterer said...

You've been good, we're proud of you! Just one more month to go, and we'll all have made it through a whole year of self controll; isn't that amazing?

Faith... said...

Not to bad in the spending department especially since your DH gave us that wonderful bonus!

Susan said...

You're doing great on SFS. I know it made it so much easier for me to keep to a budget knowing I had to tell other people about what I was spending. Of course, now that we're so close to the end, I found a chart on E-bay that I have had on my wish list for ages (and it's a relist for a ridiculously low price...)