Thursday, November 15, 2012

Halloween project... a bit late.

Where does the time go?
I must say that every time I get on here but yeesh it disappears fast.

Yes I’m still here, and no I don’t have an update on dragons. ;) At least not yet. Almost done half of the next page, I will do a sneak peek at half a page (as I know I’ve been painfully slow with getting full pages done lately).
 
Have I been stitching other stuff?
Most definitely. Lots of other things.
My May cottage is almost done and I have some little things I’m working on (besides the ever looming dragons).
As well as I started the Halloween girl from this year’s Just Cross Stitch Halloween Book. I love these perforated paper projects from Brooke’s Publishing. She really does fantastic work with making perforated paper projects look sooo elegant and lovely.
Here she be to date:



I’ve got a BIG surprise coming in the next 7 days.
I totally promise in the next 7 days. It could even be as early as tomorrow you never know! If you love big projects and need a treat I think you’ll LOVE what is coming.
In other news:
Job is going mostly well. Got a promotion and pay increase. Woohoo! (minus the office politics but such is life these days no matter where you go)
Best thing I ever did was leave my full time creative job for something a little more mundane but a slower pace and leaving my brain to do up designs in the evenings! It’s awesome.
Been at a craft show almost every weekend for a month and the next 3 weekends in a row are no exception. However my bracelets have been moving and people get very excited about them which I just love. And at price points of $5, $10, $15, $20, $25 & $50 they make great stocking stuffers for any budget! (pssst: continuing shameless plug; new content at the store check it out).
Otherwise it’s been full blown winter here for 3 weeks now. Good amount of snow on the ground and the like. Not so exciting, but gives me even more of an excuse to stay home and cuddle up in my chair with my stitching or braiding.

Though I suppose I do need to get on that holiday shopping really soon here. If only Canada had black Friday for deals too… (jealous US friends, very jealous)



Until the surprise in the next 7 days. Spend some time crafting!

4 comments:

Vicky L said...

She is going be beautiful. I did get 8 inches of snow but it's all gone.

Anonymous said...

She is going to look very pretty when finished. We are expecting some rain and snow on Saturday nothing like what you are having.

Marl

Joy said...

Cute project! Congrats on your new promotion. I hope all goes well with you!

Anne Sans Tete said...

She's going to look good!

- Lisa N.