Monday, April 9, 2012

WIPocalypse #4 - March Cottage Finished!

4 of 12 posts for the WIPocalypse SAL already?? Gosh where does the time go. I know we're always saying it but I have to say it still continues to amaze me how much faster the world passes as I get older. But alas it is what it is.

I have a cute little finish to share with you all today for my WIPocalypse entry.
It's the March cottage from Country Cottage Needleworks series for 2012.
It has been so fun for me to stitch these pastel colours. So different from my usual stuff which is a nice change I must say. They are also not a hard count or stitch so it's a great piece to work on when I'm not feeling as ambitious as usual. Here be March:
So that means the first row is complete. It looks like this so far:


I've also been working on some Kumihimo bracelets. Here's a picture of my favourite one so far (sorry the pic is bad):


I'm considering opening an Etsy store that will have some of my pieces available. I really do make more than I can complete, or give away each year. So I thought maybe it would be nice to share it with the community (if anyone is interested) and post them for sale at a rate that is only slightly more than materials cost. Not looking to make money on this stuff, just to share it with people (but keep me from being bankrupt in supplies costs, lol).


On that note... I'm going to give away a few braid Kumihimo bracelets later this week. So stay tuned to enter!I'll also have an update on the baby sampler and I'm sooo close to a page finish on Dragons, maybe even by the end of the week (if I'm lucky) I'll have that for you all to see.

Thank you so much for all your beautiful comments on my last few posts. You're all so fantastic! I really do appreciate the support and appreciation we all share for the crafting/stitching community. 
Hope your week is starting out well and continues to progress that way. 

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely finish Mel. I really like these cottages. I keep ohing and ahing about whether to get them or not lol.
Love the bracelet, very pretty indeed!

Meari said...

Your cottages are adorable, Mel. The bracelet is pretty, too.

Denise SA said...

I love those cottages I see you are stitching them all on one piece. They stitch quite quickly too

Rahenna said...

Love your cottages, they're adorable all lined up like that! :)

Sandy In Montana said...

Wonderful finish, Mel. Your bracelets are very pretty.
Take Care & Happy Stitchin'
Hugs, Sandy

lesli said...

Those cottages are adorable! I love how cheerful and colorful they are....looking forward to seeing what April looks like!

Anonymous said...

Your cottages are lovely. Your bracelet is pretty too. :)

McKenna C. said...

Those are so pretty! I love them!

~McKenna

Cindy said...

The bracelet is beautiful Mel.

I think your cottages are really cute. Love the colors. Can't wait to see more.

How many more pages do you have left on Dragons?

Lyn said...

Congrats on the finish, Mel!

Nancy said...

Cool cottages!! Love the bracelet. You do beautiful work!!

mab3500 said...

Those cottages are lovely. Really pretty bracelet too.

Anonymous said...

Your cottages are very pretty and so is your bracelet.

Marl

Vicky L said...

Your cottages are beautiful! I am really liking them. Your bracelet is beautiful.

Smurfy said...

Mel your cottages are adorable. Im doing a collection of villages from Jerimah junction in the Country Cross stitch magazines. Keep it up they look fantastic.

Jo said...

Your bracelet is just beautiful Mel. Love love love the cottages, you're seriously tempting me!

Nancy M said...

Nice touches to the March cottage. I like them on one piece, but it wouldn't work on my calendar! I just finished the stitching on April tonight!