Monday, January 10, 2011

Remembering Rene

Yesterday a beloved member of our blogging stitching community and moderator of ILCS Yahoo Group passed away. I'd like to take a moment to remember Rene and all that she contributed to our virtual world.

Rene was always very sweet whenever I spoke with her or exchanged with her. I gifted her with a pattern a little while ago as I knew she was not doing all that great and she answered with "I'll stitch it up for you". When I told her that it was meant for her to stitch and keep she told me that it was all about paying it forward. It was so sweet of her.
Unfortunately that piece will now remain unstitched by Rene as she progressively got worse.

I'm thankful that she is no longer in pain. Even though she will be dearly missed.
It feels as though there are a few less frogs in the world as of yesterday.
I wish to cherish her memory and time with us, and recognize her huge contribution to our stitching community.

This little frog was stitched by Rene awhile back. She always loved the frogs, but we always love when the frogs don't visit our stitching pieces.

16 comments:

Kathy in Orange County California said...

What a lovely tribute to a lovely lady. She will be missed.....I was blessed to meet her in person twice on trips to Vegas, and she was as charming in person as she was in cyberspace!

Blu Stitcher said...

I never really got to know Rene all that well and it sounds like I missed out on knowing a wonderful person. Even thou she is no longer in pain and has reached the finish line to Heaven. I can tell how much she will be missed by everyone.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

A lovely tribute to a lovely person! Thank you for sharing it with us.
May she rest in peace.

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

I love the tribute to Rene. She was a wonderful lady and I will miss her.

I will think of her each time I stitch hardanger. (maybe I will pick up the piece she was helping me with until I fudged it up)

Could I use your little remember Rene frog on my blog?

Thank you.

Shannon Thomas said...

What a beautiful way to rember Rene!! She will be greatly missed by many many people!!

Kathy said...

Beautiful post Mel. I know Rene would be smiling. And probably blushing. She wasn't one to toot her own horn. :) I love the little design and your tribute to her.

Katrien said...

beautifully said!

Carissa said...

Thank You Mel! I was going to see about "borrowing" this from you.

Nancy M said...

Great tribute to Rene.

imnverted said...

Wonderful tribute for Rene Mel. Thank you

Nancy said...

What a wonderful tribute to our wonderful and greatly missed friend. I am going to send the URL to her daughter to see it. She will be getting her cross stitch stash and she plans to stitch as much as she can so she will probably stitch that one.

Meari said...

She definitely won't be missed, Mel. May she rest in peace.

Shelley said...

She is no longer in any pain and I have to keep reminding myself of that. Everytime I pick up my needle and thread and can't stop thinking of Rene. I just wish I had gotten a chance to meet her in person.

Carolyn NC said...

Very sweet tribute!

Debbie Jo said...

Very nice! She will be missed.

Pumpkin said...

I'm very sad to hear about your loss Mel :o( I don't know who Rene was but she sounds like she was a very kind person and well loved :o)

Her little frog is adorable!