Thursday, October 28, 2010

Exchanges, Fabric & Dragons (oh my!)

I have a few things to share today. Even though it's been a very busy week in my world and will only get busier for the next three weeks, mostly b/c of work (overtime). I will just have to try and "keep swimming, just keep swimming" and hopefully still stay in touch with everyone!

First up, I received my exchange from Lily in the ILCS Yahoo group Autumn/Fall ornament exchange. She sent this lovely scarecrow my way along with a few goodies. Thanks so much Lily!


Next up, I picked up my fabric for the Glendon Place Witches Wheel. This fabric has been specially dyed for the project and you have to buy it as is essentially. But it's just gorgeous so I don't mind at all!
All the stitching on the wheel is in black, I chose to do it on Bell Soie silks. And the colour you see in the pattern (check out pattern here) is beads that I do have but forgot to put in the pic.
Here's the fabby:



And last, but never least I have dragons. Well on my way to my goal of finishing this last page in the row before the end of the year. (that will be four page finishes for the year). However I was lazy and didn't take it off the scroll rods for the picture, also there is nothing to compare where I was at anymore because it's the end of the row. So here's a pic of the area I am working on, and a pic of the pattern colored in what I have done on the page (the symbols are blurred for copyright reasons, your eyes are just fine, lol):




That's all for this week folks.
I'm headed to the store tonight to pick up a little something that will eventually be a gift for a friend, and to chat and hang out. And fit some stitching in there. Depending on how much I have to work overtime on the weekend will depend on stitching time. So here's hoping I get some in.
Hope you've all been having fabulous weeks and been stitching away!

13 comments:

Veronica said...

Cute scarecrow! Lovely exchange indeed.

That's a beautiful fabric! Love the color contrast.

Great job on your dragons. It's coming along nicely.

Meari said...

Cute exchange piece. Not sure that the link to your new project is working. What a cool piece of fabric for it, though. Almost done with another section on Dragons - Way to go! Do you think you'll finish it this week?

Katrien said...

Great job on dragons!

Denise said...

Love the fabric and dragons is coming along!

You sound extra busy - make sure and get some rest!

Denise

Nancy M said...

Congrats on your dragon progress. I just bought the Witches Wheel pattern too and plan on picking out my fabric in person next month when I go to Stitching Bits and Bobs!!!!

Bekca said...

Dragons is looking great and what a cute exchange gift! I can't wait to see what the stitching on that fabric looks like :) Happy stitching to you.

Unknown said...

Great job on the dragon it is coming along great! The scarecrow is just sooooo cute :) and I cannot wait to see the Witches Wheel I know it is going to look amazing! Have a safe and scary Halloween!!!!

EvalinaMaria said...

Congrats on great progress on dragons. The exchange ornament is very cute and the fabric for the new projects seems so bright... I don't think it will be easy to work with it...

Carolyn NC said...

What a cute scarecrow! Great fabric and stitching!

Cindy in MA said...

I have Witches Wheel also. I just love her designs. I haven't started yet. Still need to get the fabric.
Can't wait to see your progress. One of the girl's in my stitch group is doing this & it is stunning in person.

Shelleen said...

The scarecrow is cute. LOVE that fabric for your project and you are coming along on the dragon.

Pumpkin said...

That fabric is fantastic! WOW!

Dragons is really coming along. Congrats on finishing 4 pages this year :o)

Shelley said...

Your stitching is absolutely awesome on Dragons.

The fabbie for Witches Wheel is too cool!!