Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Updates and New Blog

I have some stitching updates for you all... and a new blog to announce.

Tracy has started a blog dedicated to Just Nan. Which happens to be one of my favourite designers!
It's located here at: Just Nan Junction. I am very excited to be a part of the blog and hope that anyone who likes Just Nan will join us or read along as we blog about all things Just Nan!

So I went on a hunt the other day for some highlighters that would fit into my stitching carry case easily (so I wanted them to be small). And I hit the jackpot! I got the cutest monster highlighters at a local art store.


In the world of my WIP... I've gotten some good progress on the duck... I know it's hard to tell but it really is a few hundred stitches. I'll have an eye soon and then maybe you'll have a benchmark to tell. (and this photo sucks b/c the B/F was out and I tried to take it myself... shame on me).


More (small) progress on Pirates. This I am mostly doing on my lunch hours so it will be a bit slow... but that is okay because it's small I'll still probably have it done quick. (again crappy photo b/c it was me)


And I am *this* close to being done the Papillion SAL Part 2. One more night at the most and I will have this one done. I am waiting for more of my metallic gold to come into my LNS as well as I'm almost out. But should have just enough to finish this part up. (and can you tell that my B/F took this one late last night once he got home, it's so much better than my two above!)



Coming up: More progress on Judgement and my other WIPS, and my giveaway! I will be posting it likely tomorrow (if not tomorrow then friday)!

12 comments:

Meari said...

Your WIPs look great, Mel. Neat highlighters, too.

Zeb said...

I adore those highlighters!!! And your Papillon SAL looks gorgeous! One of the prettier versions of it that I have seen! :O

Anonymous said...

Oh my! The Papillion you are stitching is so marvelous!

Those are such cute highlighters (a must for every stitchers bag), have you gotten one of the just nan needle cases yet?

Thanks for the mention of the Just Nan blog.

Gabi said...

Great progress on your WIP's. Your highlighters are adorable

Carolyn NC said...

Great stitching - they're all progressing well!

5 Foot Runt said...

Those markers are too cute. Your WIPs look great. I really like your pirate, lol.

Rene la Frog said...

Nice progress on your WIP's. I'll be checking out the Just Nan Blog as she has been one of my favorite designers for many many years.

Tammy said...

Your wips look great! I love that little ducky-he's too cute!

Beatrice said...

You are showing great progress on all of your pieces.
I like the little markers. I must look for some around here.
Thank you for sharing the new blog I'm going over to have a look now.

Kathy said...

Great WIPs. Love the colors in the Papillion piece. And the pirate one is adorable.

Nancy M said...

Nice progress on all your WIP, I finally got the threads for the SAL, now I just need the material.

Shelleen said...

great WIP. I LOVE those highlighters. They are adorable!!